ArubaOS and Controllers

Super Contributor II

RAP105 Uptime

Hi all,
I am troubleshooting a site with some AP105's configured as RAPs. The site has possible DSL line issues. In order to confirm whether there are any other issues, I need to know whether the uptime reported by the controller is the time that there has been a connection to the RAP or the time is how long the RAP has been powered-up. I basically need to know whether the RAP is power cycling for some reason or if it is staying powered-up continuously by losing connection to the controller.

Matt
Guru Elite

Re: RAP105 Uptime

The u

Matt Finnie wrote:
Hi all,
I am troubleshooting a site with some AP105's configured as RAPs. The site has possible DSL line issues. In order to confirm whether there are any other issues, I need to know whether the uptime reported by the controller is the time that there has been a connection to the RAP or the time is how long the RAP has been powered-up. I basically need to know whether the RAP is power cycling for some reason or if it is staying powered-up continuously by losing connection to the controller.

Matt

The uptime is how long the RAP has been physically up, not how long it has been connecte to the controller.  A rap says why it did not connect to the controller and if you type "show log system all" you should see such a message.  In addition "show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap>" will also tell you the reboot or rebootstrap message.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: