ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

RFP licences

Hello,

i have a 3600 controler, AIROS 3.4.2.3,
i want to instal new licence RFP, but it's not working.
what is the difference between WIP and RFP licences?
Do i need i different AIROS version?

thank's à lot

acout
Guru Elite

Re: RFP licences

If is the same license, but You need to upgrade to ArubaOS 5.x to apply it to your controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Can you please provide a little more detail about what isn't working or what error message you are seeing? The RFP license should work on 3.4. The RFP license was introduced in AOS 6.0 and includes both the WIP and Spectrum feature sets. It was designed to be backwards compatible. I would recommend opening a TAC case.
Aruba Employee

The RFP license is for 5.x and higher installations. The WIP license is 3.x and lower.

They are identical licenses, but in 5.x there are WIP2.0 features that are enabled (tarpitting, total watch, custom signatures, expanded default signature set, etc).
Aruba Employee

To answer the first question, you will need to either upgrade your controller to 5.x or higher to use the RFP license, or logon to the licensing site (http://licensing.arubanetworks.com) and get the 3.x key for the WIP license you own. If the 3.x key has not been generated, contact TAC and they can convert it for you AFAIK.