ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Rap config defalut ap-role

Hello

i have an issue with the rap, i config and ap role named remote-ap, create ike shared secret, internal user and passw for rap and tihs user i used the remote-ap profile but i dont know why the rap is in the ap-role,

how can i troubleshoot this?
Guru Elite

Re: Rap config defalut ap-role

You do not have to touch that role. What kind of access points are these?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

its a RAP-5WN:o

I've seen issues where the FTP ACL has been removed from the ap-role which causes RAPs or any AP that attempts connect and upgrade its image to fail.

Essentially you'll see the AP or RAP in the user-table and it'll be stuck in the ap-role.

You can check if this is the case by running the following command:

#show ip access-list ap-acl

If the following line is missing, add it.
user controller svc-ftp permit
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

If you have a RAP5WN, your only procedure should be:

- Establish Public Connectivity to the Controller, either by giving it an interface with a public ip address or doing a 1:1 nat on a firewall
- Create an IPSEC pool for incoming RAP connections under Configuration> Advanced Services> VPN Services> Address pools (my favorite is 8.8.8.1 to 8.8.8.20).
- Add the RAP5WNs mac address to the RAP whitelist (Configuration > Wireless> AP Installation > RAP Whitelist Tab. You only need to put the mac address, AP-name and AP Group in this table.
- Zero Touch Provision the RAP5 using the instructions here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2128 (3g Modem Optional).

You are not required to do any more than that for RAP5 or RAP2 functionality.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: