ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Re-IPAddressing Controllers

I need opinions on the easiest and most efficient way to re-ip a Master and Local controller where the looback and mgt addresses are all on same subnet. We will be moving to a new subnet. The challenge is that this has to be done remotely with no-one on site to console in. It is realized there will be some downtime but wondering how much to be anticipated (if all goes well :-)).
Advice is appreciated.
Tammy
Guru Elite

Copy run flash:

I need opinions on the easiest and most efficient way to re-ip a Master and Local controller where the looback and mgt addresses are all on same subnet. We will be moving to a new subnet. The challenge is that this has to be done remotely with no-one on site to console in. It is realized there will be some downtime but wondering how much to be anticipated (if all goes well :-)).
Advice is appreciated.
Tammy

Tammy,

Anytime you are changing the only path used to configure or manage a device it involves a certain amount of risk. If you MUST do it, I would copy the running configuration to a file, edit the interfaces, upload it back to a new file and then set the boot parameter to boot from the new file and then reload. Of course, you have to clear the ARP table of any device that you would need to contact that device when you reboot, but you probably knew that already.

You need to (1) consult support and (2) test this thoroughly in a lab, because every situation is different, and my statement does not account for "every situation".

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Re-IPAddressing Controllers

This is a perfect case for the "reload at" feature.
MVP

Reload at ? Where?

Mike,

What is Aruba OS “reload at?” I do not have it in my controller. Cisco IOS (oops sorry I have to use the forbidden- “C”- word) has the command “reload in x” which is perfect for remote management. If you screw up, and lost connection, router will reboot in x minutes and restore back the working configuration
~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Guru Elite

No Reload At

Mike,

What is Aruba OS “reload at?” I do not have it in my controller. Cisco IOS (oops sorry I have to use the forbidden- “C”- word) has the command “reload in x” which is perfect for remote management. If you screw up, and lost connection, router will reboot in x minutes and restore back the working configuration

There is no "reload at" command.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Mike,

What is Aruba OS “reload at?”

I think Mike was pointing out that it would be a good feature to add for cases like this. I think we have an RFE on this, if not I'll add one today...

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Aruba Employee

Yes, sorry, I was pointing out that it would be nice to add that in AOS. This specific task is a case in point.

Andy - I think Austin may have already added this as an RFE.
MVP

Already an RFE (839)

I filed this as an RFE July 6th, 2007 . . . Other than receiving the RFE number, I haven't received any communication on this. Perhaps if more customers ask for this, they will add it.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: