ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor I

Reload profiles from Master Controller

I just created VLANs in a building.

Due to the vlan I put wireless in, the IP address changed on my controller. I updated the LMS and profile for this location in my master controller and every looks fine. Everybody can ping everybody.

The problem is that the new profile infomation is not getting pushed out to my subordinate controllers. Thus the APs in the building are still looking for the local controller at the old IP address.

How do I force the LMS and profile update to go out to the local controller?

Thanks for the help.
Frequent Contributor I

Got some of the answer

Evidently, when one of my techs updated the profile they applied the changes but failed to save configuration.

Problem solved but I would like to varify a couple of items.

First,
Can I assume when you apply, its equivilent to making changes to running-config while clicking save configuration saves to the startup-config?

Second
When a controller recieves profile information from a master contoller, is it safe to assume that the profiles are being retrieved from the start-up config rather than the running config?
Guru Elite

Re: Reload profiles from Master Controller

First - Correct
Second - No Running Config

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

A little more help

Can you explain why the controllers didn't get the update until the updates were saved to the start-up config?

The changes were clearly in the running-config of the master as you could log-in and see them.

Thanks again,
Guru Elite

Can you explain why the controllers didn't get the update until the updates were saved to the start-up config?

The changes were clearly in the running-config of the master as you could log-in and see them.

Thanks again,

I am wrong. Your second point is correct. The config gets pushed from the master controller only when you do a "write mem".

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

One more item

Thanks for all your help. The information you are providing is helping me gain a much better understanding of this process.

Can you help me clarify one more item?

When you update the controller and save the configuration, is it more accurate to say that the master pushes the updates down to the local controllers, or, that the local controllers request or query the master for updates on regular time intervals or maybe on restart?

Thanks again,
Guru Elite

Push from master controller triggered on a "write mem" and a pull is initiated when a local restarts, in general.

In addition, local controller sends heartbeats periodically to the master to check in.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: