ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor I

Running out of ips on a /23 subnet

I have a 3600 controller with about 125 Remote APs connecting via split tunnel. I am running out of IP addresses. The current vlan is a /23, when I go to add another vlan to the VAP it gives an error:

" Error processing command 'wlan virtual-ap "test-vap" vlan 106,103':Error: Remote-AP "split-tunnel" virtual-ap must have exactly one vlan configured "

If I can't add vlans because they are split tunnel remote aps do I have any other options besides making the vlan a /22? Can I somehow add another vlan? I saw vlan pools in the gui but not sure how that works...
Guru Elite

Re: Running out of ips on a /23 subnet

Vlan Pooling is not allowed on a split-tunnel SSID. You would have to make it a /22, or create another AP-group, where one ap-group has a virtual AP assign clients to one 23 and another assigns clients to another /23. Assign some APs to one group and the rest to another.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Why is vlan pooling not allowed on a split-tunnel virtual-ap? The device gets an address from the controller (not local) so what difference does it make?
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Guru Elite

Vlan pooling was not designed and tested with split tunnel. Vlan pooling works fully with tunnel at this time. It is not trivial to add and test Vlan pooling for split tunneled clients.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: