ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

SNMP Query local controller status

Hi all,

We use the SNMP trap wlsxNConnectionResetWithLocal to find out when the master controller looses communication with a local controller - unfortunately as there is no 'communication back to normal' recovery trap even a slight network hickup causes this trap to trigger and remain as a problem until someone manually clears it.

Is there an active snmp check I can run against the master controller to get the status of a local controller (connected or not connected)?

I have found the OID wlsxSwitchListTable, and more specifically doing a walk on switchListSwitchRole (1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.1.1.6.1.2) returns the local controller IP with a status of 2 (local) but the MIB guide suggests this will only show the configured status rather than if there is currently no communication (and I can't break the link to test it!)

Any thoughts of confirmation of this much appreciated.

-Jeff
Guru Elite

Re: SNMP Query local controller status

This is currently being tracked with RFE (request for enhancement 1611). Please PM me with your organization so that we can add your organization to the list requesting this.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: