ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

SNMP To Delete User

I am new to Aruba and have searched (unsuccessfully) for an answer to my question, so I thought I would post it here. We have a home grown NAC solution that requires us to delete a user after registering their computer on our network for the first time. This will force them to immediately reconnect and be placed in the correct vlan. I would like to use snmp to perform the same function as "aaa user delete A.B.C.D". It appears the OID used is nUserPhyAddress (1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.4.1.2.1.1), but do not see where I can enable a READ_WRITE community string to perform this action. Is this possible? If so....how? Thanks in advance.

Chip
Guru Elite

Re: SNMP To Delete User

There is no SNMP write access to an Aruba controller. You can use the XML-API with the user_delete command to delete a user, or you can script something that logs into the controller via SSH and does the "aaa user delete a.b.c.d" command.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. That's what I expected and have already written the scripts for this. One issue I have is that it is not very secure to store usernames and passwords in the scripts that we have developed. We would prefer using snmp.
Guru Elite

In the ArubaOS 6.0 user guide on page 548 has the title "Public Key Authentication for SSH Access" which demonstrates how to use certificates to login to the controller, as opposed to a username and password.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: