ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor I

Scheduled Reboot on Aruba controller

Hi Guys,
Is there a way to conduct a scheduled reboot on the Aruba Controller?
Contributor I

Re: Scheduled Reboot on Aruba controller

I am looking for this one as well and didn't find anything neither in this forum nor in the Aruba manuals.

So if it's currently not possible, please consider this as a feature request.

Dirk
Guru Elite

Kiwi Cat Tools

There is no scheduled reboot, like you mention. Using Kiwi Cat tools, you can do things like schedule a reboot and even more.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

This came up in the last Airheads event in Arizona as well. I find it very hard to believe that Aruba does not offer a "reload in x" command and feel that this should be at the very top of the enhancement requests. When doing work on a controller with interfaces or VLANs, it is very easy to get yourself into a situation where you break all connectivity to the controller. Without the reload command, it is very difficult and painful to track someone down on-site that can power cycle the controller manually. When connectivity is lost to the controller, Kiwi is of no help. During our v2.5.5.8 to v3.3 upgrade, this command would have saved us pain on several occasions.

PLEASE consider raising this in priority for the next release of code! There were many others at the Airheads event that felt strongly about this enhancement.
Frequent Contributor II

I needed this command just the other day. Instead, I ended up spending half an hour scripting something that should have taken 5 seconds to set up from the command line. :( Aruba really needs to add this feature!
Guru Elite

Reload Command

If you feel that this command is needed, please contact your local engineer or Sales representative so that he can add your organization to the request for enhancement.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

We have an open RFE (Request for Enhancement) for this feature. Please send me your organization/customer name and contact information and I'll add your information and request to the RFE. As Colin mentions, please also interface with your local TM/SE team and escalate the request, but I'll go ahead and add to the RFE.

My email is: brian at arubanetworks dot com

Scheduled Reboot

Hi, try using autoexpect. I use it to automate backups on aruba3200's.

jason
MVP

We submitted RFE 839 via T-19182 on 7/6/2007. This should not be considered by Aruba as a new request.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Aruba Employee

7/2007? Wow, Aruba usually jumps on things much quicker than that. This is a really basic feature too - which I also submitted to my account team.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: