ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

Server derived user roles

I am looking at creating a user-role that is based on Active Directory Group member ship. Within the server rules, looking at the attributes for Group and Group-Name, can anyone tell me if this refers to Active Directory Groups and Group-Names or is it referring to something else?

Cheers,
Aruba Employee

Re: Server derived user roles

Yes, group and group-name are referring to attributes returned from a successful AD authentication. BTW - what authentication is your SSID using? If it is WPA/WPA2, it will require RADIUS authentication, so AD attributes wont get returned (they will be RADIUS attributes, which can work as well). If you are doing Captive Portal authentication, AD/LDAP works fine and will match group names that are returned.
Guru Elite

Re: Server derived user roles

I am looking at creating a user-role that is based on Active Directory Group member ship. Within the server rules, looking at the attributes for Group and Group-Name, can anyone tell me if this refers to Active Directory Groups and Group-Names or is it referring to something else?

Cheers,

Please see the post here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1419

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: