ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Slow Samba Access

Hi gang:

I am new here!

I am currently running 6.1.2.1 ArubaOS and I have 10 AP's with around 60 users that are 'authenticated' via RADIUS. The Samba file server is local in the office and I am getting huge slow downs periodically. I don't have large frame drop rates, always <1% and I am not sure if there is a tweak I can do to speed this up.

I cannot disable multicast/broadcast due to DHCP and Bonjour however.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Slow Samba Access

One other note, all clients are using MAC OSX Snow Leopard or Lion.
Retired Employee

Are you getting the same performance when wired to the network?

Have you tried a non-native file manager to access the samba share? For e.g. muCommander

--
HT
Occasional Contributor I

The performance is MUCH better over wired. I will try muCommander and report back.
Occasional Contributor I

Tried with muCommander and it is the same as when I directly download via finder
Guru Elite

The best answer to this is a packet capture to find out who is the culprit. MAC OSX has had a history of slow access to file shares. If you just do a search of mac osx samba slow you might be able to get some ideas.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. I did that, but everything I found was either an update to sysctl, which I tried, or an update to MAC Samba, and its a Linux server running Samba. But it is supper quick over wired, just slow over wireless.
Guru Elite

Okay. Install wireshark on the MAC and do a packet capture of the wireless interface while accessing a Samba Share.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Good idea, will try tomorrow and post my results. Thanks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: