ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Source NAT with no Inter-VLAN Routing

Is it possible to have a wireless VLAN source-NAT'ed to a wired VLAN without having to turn on Inter-VLAN routing on the wired VLAN? Basically I'd like to have a wired VLAN's setup on the controller to serve a wireless VLAN (or VLAN pool) but I don't want to do any routing, I just want to have the private, wireless VLAN NAT through to the public, wired VLAN. The reason I can't turn on Inter-VLAN routing is that there is another wired VLAN connected to the machine that I don't want the other two VLANs to know about so they just pass on the traffic to the next hop regardless of destination. That way I can allow my internal routers\firewalls to manage the inter-VLAN routing instead of the controller (I do not really want one more location for doing ACL rules if I can help it). I've played with a bunch of settings (src-NAT with NAT pools, regular NAT, different routes,etc) but can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas or am I trying to do the impossible?
Guru Elite

Re: Source NAT with no Inter-VLAN Routing

Role-based access

Just have a role in the role block traffic to any internal subnets or subnets you don't want those users to get to. That way only external traffic would be allowed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Source NAT with no Inter-VLAN Routing

Thanks for the reply. THe main issue I have with that scenario is I don't want to have to create firewall (acl) rules on yet another "box" when I already have a box for just that job (which has much more flexible and easier to manage rules) between the two VLANs I run. I'd just want to have NAT'ing on a one-to-one VLAN basis without the routing. Anyway, I haven't found a way so for now I've had to get rid of the NAT'ing method for the WLAN's
thanks again for taking the time out to reply though. Much appreciated
Steve
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: