ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Sporadic Website Connectivity Issue via CP

Curious if anyone has come across issues with sporadic connectivity to websites via Captive Portal. I've configured CP for our guest network and allow http and https only. Guest users can get to the Internet, however Yahoo Mail will not come up. Hotmail works fine...GMail works fine...90% of most websites work fine. However there are some that simply will not work (Yahoo Mail being the main one).
To troubleshoot I've changed firewall rules on the controller to be completely wide open, but this did not fix the issue.
I've come across this issue in the past on the wired side and Hotmail (through a Pix firewall), which turned out to be a URL-Block Size mismatch on the firewall.

Suggestions?
Guru Elite

Re: Sporadic Website Connectivity Issue via CP

The big question is what do you see on the page when Yahoo mail refuses to come up? What is doing NAT for your users and does that device have any feedback about the message? Did you do a "show datapath session table " on the cli of the Aruba controller to see what traffic is coming and going from that client?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Absolutely nothing. The page just hangs with a slowly progressing status bar at the bottom of the browser.

We source NAT from the controller.

Will do.

Found the issue. Combination of guest network being source NAT'd and Websense filtering of internal networks on outbound ASA.

Thanks for the help!
Guru Elite

thanks for following up.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: