ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Status on N speeds with Allow Weak Encryption

Hi,

The N speeds are only reachable with either totally open SSIDs or with AES encryption?

Does "Allow weak encryption" allow the high speeds on all availible encryptions?

Naturally, I know it's NOT recommended to use weak encryption, but I just wanted to get clarification on the matter :)

Regards,
Tommy
Guru Elite

Re: Status on N speeds with Allow Weak Encryption

Hi,

The N speeds are only reachable with either totally open SSIDs or with AES encryption?

Does "Allow weak encryption" allow the high speeds on all availible encryptions?

Naturally, I know it's NOT recommended to use weak encryption, but I just wanted to get clarification on the matter :)

Regards,
Tommy

The N standard only allows Encryption types of "Open" and "AES". Allow weak encryption allows TKIP and WEP, but it can only connect at 54 megs when using that.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

I would also add that this is client dependent as well. If the client was written to follow the standard it may not even attempt higher speeds.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, that clears it up, thx a bunch! :)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: