ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Strange behaviour with some users

Hi all,

Since a month ago, we've been experiencing connection problems with our clients, the captive portal page does not show or users cannot get ip addresses from dhcp server
One thing I've found is some users get the network broadcast address (10.20.255.255), I know this is wrong, but my dhcp server is not giving this address nor the Aruba controller.

Our whole network is: 10.20.x.x 255.255.0.0.
Aruba Controller is a 6000 with OS 5.0.3.1. APs are 105s and 125s.

I blame it to a network attack from some computers but I had not evidence to support this.

Has anyone found a behaviour like ours ?

Attached is a screenshot from the Aruba management showing one computer with 2 addresses, broadcast address and a valid one.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alfredo Medina
Guru Elite

Re: Strange behaviour with some users

Hi all,

Since a month ago, we've been experiencing connection problems with our clients, the captive portal page does not show or users cannot get ip addresses from dhcp server
One thing I've found is some users get the network broadcast address (10.20.255.255), I know this is wrong, but my dhcp server is not giving this address nor the Aruba controller.

Our whole network is: 10.20.x.x 255.255.0.0.
Aruba Controller is a 6000 with OS 5.0.3.1. APs are 105s and 125s.

I blame it to a network attack from some computers but I had not evidence to support this.

Has anyone found a behaviour like ours ?

Attached is a screenshot from the Aruba management showing one computer with 2 addresses, broadcast address and a valid one.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alfredo Medina

We have seen that behavior on clients that have virtualization software like VMWARE loaded. If you can go to the device and type "ipconfig /all" it will tell you where the device go the ip address from.

If you want to troubleshoot the DHCP activity from the Aruba Controller, please see the article here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2373

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: