ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Suggestion for 2nd master controller (not redundancy master)

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup a 2nd master controller for a group of APs. We have aruba-master in our DNS for AP groups that talk to main master controller. So my question is how I can accomplish this by not manually configuring the 2nd master ip address in the each AP? I have 1st master and 2nd master are in the same network, and AP groups are in different network but APs getting IP from the same dhcp servers. I have tried the dhcp option 43 for 2nd master AP group but it does not work quite well, perhaps its dhcp issue I have dig into it. But I just wondering does anyone have different approach or share information about dhcp option? Thanks for any comment and suggestions.

Best Regards,

SL
Aruba Employee

Re: Suggestion for 2nd master controller (not redundancy master)

DHCP option 43 should be working, many customers use that. Your other option is to configure sub-domains, such as group1.company.com and group2.company.com. You could then have aruba-master.group1.company.com, etc., but that's probably a bigger headache than figuring out your DHCP issue. You should probably consider moving away from DNS if you do DHCP just to keep things consistent.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: