ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Syslog error message

Since enabling logging to our syslog server I'm seeing this message repeated over and over again:

syslogdwrap: PAPI_Send: sendto USBHelper Client failed: No such file or directory Message Code 1003 Sequence Num is 1002

I've removed all the logging commands, but the error message is still occurring several times a second. Version is ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba650), Version 6.0.0.1

Anyone seen this before?
Guru Elite

Re: Syslog error message

Open a support case and have them explain it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

This is an unnecessary error log. The process usbHelper is launched for handling USB NAS
and print servers. Since none was attached the syslog config was being sent to a non-existant
process. It should be removed to avoid confusion.

Cheers.
New Contributor

This is an unnecessary error log. The process usbHelper is launched for handling USB NAS
and print servers. Since none was attached the syslog config was being sent to a non-existant
process. It should be removed to avoid confusion.

Cheers.

Thanks for this, are you saying the process should be removed? If so how do I do this?

As you can tell, I am new to the Aruba family!

Thanks
Aruba Employee

I meant to say the controller should not generate this log message when the usbHelper process is not running. I've opened up an internal bug (50863) to fix this.

Thanks,
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: