ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Syslog messages promtion

I find there are a lot of messages in certain categories that I don't care about, but there are messages in the same category that I do care about..I was wondering if there is a way to promote certain syslog messages to other categories. For example make something in Warning be promoted to Critical. The controllers are really chatty as I am sure we are all aware of. Sometimes trying to find some messages is next to impossible or the syslog server has turned over and deleted the messages.
Brian
Brian
Guru Elite

No social promotion

You cannot promote logs to different categories, but you can have them log only the categories you want. You can also grep or look for only the message number that you are looking for in the syslogs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Doc on syslog messages

Thanks for the Reply Colin
Is there a doc on syslog messages and which ones are in what category..Also is there a way to send certain messages to
one syslog server and others to another syslog server?
Brian
Brian
Guru Elite

Yes You can.

You can. Using the "logging " command, you can send different types of syslog to a server. In the example below, it shows what kind of logging events you want to send to the ip address of the server. If you just enter logging , it will send them all:

(Aruba 3600) (config) #logging 192.168.1.3 ?
ap-debug AP Debug Logs
network Network logs
security Security logs
system System logs
user User logs
user-debug User Debug Logs
wireless Wireless logs

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: