ArubaOS and Controllers

rla
Occasional Contributor I

Un-blacklist via API?

When a user has a policy violation, we use our radius server to assign the user to a VLAN that has firewall rules which prevent them from accessing outside services. We would like the action to take effect immediately, so we're thinking of using the Aruba API to temporarily blacklist the user (just for a few seconds) so that their client will have to re-authenticate and be assigned to the new VLAN.

I can see how to blacklist a client via the API, but do not see a way to un-blacklist them. Is this possible? Is there a better way to do this? The policy is derived from another enterprise system and the API calls made by an intermediate system also responsible for the VLAN change.
Guru Elite

Blacklist Timer

The blacklist time parameter at the virtual AP level will blacklist a user for 3600 second by default. you can change this to permanent blacklist (0) or how long you want the user to be off (a few seconds to change VLANs). I think that's what you're looking for.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: