ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor II

Upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3

I am planning to upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3. I have read the release notes and it says that you can directly go from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3 with out any other updates in between. Has anyone else done this or did everyone go from 5.0.3.x to 6.0.x to 6.1.x?
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3

Hello,

I did it from version 3.4.4.3, without any hop. The controller starts but I have a problem with APs not coming up.
Anyway, you can backup the config with another filename and reload the controller with the new version, using the other partition. If there is a problem, you simply can change again the boot partition and the config file to use the original one.
Aruba Employee

Double Upgrade

Did you do the double upgrade? You have to upgrade the partition on 6.x twice, due to a size format change.

I know it seems weird, just try the upgrade to 6.x on the same partition again.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3

You can go from 5.0.3.x to 6.1.2.3. The release notes are correct.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3

I did a direct upgrade from 5.0.3.3 to 6.1.2.3 and it went well with one exception. I ended up backing it out and upgrading to 5.0.4.1 in the meantime. Three of my four ssid's worked fine but the fourth ssid would not let me connect.

That ssid has mac authentication using the local controller db and also uses 802.1x with AD authentication for username/pwd. I only had a few hours to do the upgrade and couldn't get this working during that time. I'll try again in a month or so and look at the db format, perhaps create a new mac address entry, etc to see if I can get it working.

Don't know if something changed to a default or some setting got modified as part of the upgrade code but hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Ian
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: