ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Is there a trick to do this upgrade? Anyone else having trouble doing this?
Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Please carefully read the "Upgrade Procedures" portion of the ArubaOS 6.1.1.0 release notes to get complete information on changes in addition to what needs to be done for a successful upgrade. You also must be upgrading from 6.0.0.x to get to 6.1.1.0. If you are upgrading from anything before 6.0, you need to upgrade to 6.0.0.x first, before upgrading to 6.1.1.0. It probably goes without saying, but backup all your controllers using backup flash before you proceed. There are special considerations due to all the functionality that has been added in 6.1.1.0, for your upgrade to be successful.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I had to use the tftp route to configure. The local file thing did not work. Get a tftp client where you can see the progress.
Guru Elite

Absolutely. That is because the http process uses memory and you need to be within the limits in the release notes. Using ftp or tftp gets around this.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: