ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Upgrade from 6.1.2.1 on 3600

I have tried this twice now with both 6.1.2.1 & 6.1.2.3 and have had the same issue. I have loaded the new code on the partition and then perform the reboot, while running a continuous ping. The controller seems to boot to the new image and I can see 10 - 15 successful pings. Then, the pings no longer reply for some some reason andthe management interface will not respond. The link light is up, spanning-tree is off. I can do a shut/no shut and the interface responds to 2 -3 pings and them just suddenly stops. I even tried moving my management interface to another port and no go. However, once I revert back to 6.2.1.1, all communication comes back. I have two 650 Master and four local 3600's and only the 3600 will not come back up. I am out of ideas at the moment and wonder if anyone else has seen this type behavior?
Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade from 6.1.2.1 on 3600

What switch is your 3600 connected to? Does it have a single or dual connection to it?
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

It is connected to a Cisco 3750E switch. Both the management and Trunk port are on the 3750.

Guru Elite

There are a few fixes for Spanning tree in 6.1.2.2 (and grandfathered into 6.1.2.3). You might want to open a case to see if that broke something specific that you are doing betwee the 3750 and the 3600.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I have a case open and will mention that. Thanks for you help.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: