ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Upgrading from ArubaOS 6.0.1.3 to 6.1.2.1

Has anyone encountered difficulty upgrading from ArubaOS 6.0.1.3 to 6.1.2.1? I've tried using the local file method through the browser (IE, FireFox, Chrome) and I've also tried via FTP. When using the local file through the browser method, it looks like it is going to go, start going through the Upgrading Image screen, but eventually times out. I've rebooted the controller (3600) and tried again, but still no dice. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Guru Elite

Re: Upgrading from ArubaOS 6.0.1.3 to 6.1.2.1

Please try on the commandline via ftp. It provides better play-by-play:

copy ftp:

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Ended up getting it with TFTP, thanks for your help!
Aruba Employee

I've seen strange behavior trying to upgrade via the WebUI over the years and therefore don't trust it at all. CLI upgrade is always your best bet.
Guru Elite

Using the commandline you can see what is going on behind the scenes, which can be lengthy:

(600) #copy ftp: 192.168.1.190 anonymous ArubaOS_6xx_6.1.2.1_29129 syste                                                                                                 m: partition
Password:***********
Copying file:........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
File copied successfully.
Saving file to flash:
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
The system will boot from partition 0 during the next reboot.
(600) #

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

I too had an issue with Firefox 5 (5.0.3.0 -> 5.0.3.3) it just sat for ages apparently uploading the file. eventually I tried again with IE9 and it worked first time.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: