ArubaOS and Controllers

Guru Elite

User Role VLAN ID Pool

I am trying to give our student user role a VLAN pool. I have a VLAN pool called "STURES", but only the individual VLAN's show up in the Role VLAN ID drop down box.

I am assigning roles from filter-ID in radius and would like the student role to use a group of VLAN's.

How can this be done? I don't want to give the VAP profile the VLAN pool, because multiple user groups connect and need different VLAN's.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Aruba Employee

Re: User Role VLAN ID Pool

I don't believe you can assign VLAN pools to derivation rules... only actual VLANs.

-Mike
Guru Elite

I am trying to give our student user role a VLAN pool. I have a VLAN pool called "STURES", but only the individual VLAN's show up in the Role VLAN ID drop down box.

I am assigning roles from filter-ID in radius and would like the student role to use a group of VLAN's.

How can this be done? I don't want to give the VAP profile the VLAN pool, because multiple user groups connect and need different VLAN's.

Just like Mnarine said, you cannot assign a role to a pool. What you might want to do is Assign the Pool to the VAP and derive the other roles with single VLANS that do not require a pool with the filter-id server derivation roles.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

So if I add the STURES pool to the VAP and then remove the student role from the server rules, then it will give everyone a "STURES" address, unless there is a rule listed? So I will leave FAC, STAFF, IT in the server rule and they will get their appropriate VLAN?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Guru Elite

Exactly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: