ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

VLan per user role

i need: after an authentication on Captve Portal and internal DB; that the user switch with user role in another VLan. Is this possible?
Guru Elite

Re: VLan per user role

Possible, but tricky since that if the link does not go down and then up, the client does not know to re-DHCP and get an ip address on that VLAN. There are ways to do that with a super-short DHCP lease, but different clients respond differently to that. Can you accomplish the same thing without switching VLANs?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

my problem: the customer use MAC Control on the switch before OAW. if a undefine client connectet to wired rap the mac-control block the switch port. so i will use mac-authentication on wired rap. if the client is in the table the oaw allow traffic. if the client isn´t in the table the oaw block traffic. this works fine, but the mac-adress of a block client is transferd to the switch port and the mac-control block the complete oaw.
Guru Elite

Oh so this is on a wired connection? That is even more difficult, because the link does not go up an down, so the client does not know that he needs to get a different ip address..... Is wired 802.1x and option? For clients that do not pass authentication, they stay in that default VLAN and get the captive portal, or whatever you want to do. For wired clients that do pass, they will switch to the "authenticated" VLAN.... Will this work?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

this is my problem the client doesn´t switch from the default vlan to the authenticatet vlan
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: