ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

WLAN Traffic stops in Guest Access on Big Files

hi there,

well i kept quite a long the normal guest configuration like the aruba demokit is .
in my case i use the guest-captive portal with the guest-logon role first, and after auth with some voucher the guest-role is pushed to the user.
well i experience often that while being connected to the guest-network that big files to be down/uploaded (http or ftp ..) are just stopping,. sometimes i can resume them sometimes not cause session timeout.

any ideas? i dont think its the wifi card (intel 3945abg) , im not sure if its perhaps some option in the controller. i just would like to know if someone in here has similar problems with big uploads. it just stopsl. the wifi connection is still there,

any ideas where to troubleshoot ? the controller is connected to some external static IP with gw/dns , and on a virtual interface vlan i have the guest network (some class c) , nothing special , im just confused. i will check next week with a same intel 3945abg again and then some older intel 2200 , lets see

regards
ben
Occasional Contributor II

Re: WLAN Traffic stops in Guest Access on Big Files

Is the user disconnected from the network? If yes, he can reconnect after that?
If he can't, it's probably blacklist (if you enable this feature in the global firewall configuration).

Another suggestions but it depends of you configuration :
- ARM use AP to scan the network but wait if you have connected client (if you enable client aware)
- the channel could change with ARM. You can verify with this command : show ap arm history
- A load balancing between channel if you enable spectrum load balancing
- band steering ....

I hope this can help you.
Guru Elite

Packet Capture

hi there,

well i kept quite a long the normal guest configuration like the aruba demokit is .
in my case i use the guest-captive portal with the guest-logon role first, and after auth with some voucher the guest-role is pushed to the user.
well i experience often that while being connected to the guest-network that big files to be down/uploaded (http or ftp ..) are just stopping,. sometimes i can resume them sometimes not cause session timeout.

any ideas? i dont think its the wifi card (intel 3945abg) , im not sure if its perhaps some option in the controller. i just would like to know if someone in here has similar problems with big uploads. it just stopsl. the wifi connection is still there,

any ideas where to troubleshoot ? the controller is connected to some external static IP with gw/dns , and on a virtual interface vlan i have the guest network (some class c) , nothing special , im just confused. i will check next week with a same intel 3945abg again and then some older intel 2200 , lets see

regards
ben

The definitive way to deal with this is to do a packet capture. If a user is blacklisted, the whole connection would drop, so it is not that. If adaptive radio management changes channel or power for a well behaved application like http or ftp, there should NOT be any interruptions. Try to do a large upload/download internally with the same setup to eliminate any effects of the ISP. I am assuming that this is an Open SSID. You did not say what type of AP and if you are doing 802.11n. To get better help, as always, you should open a case with technical support.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: