ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

WPA1 / 2 Popup Windows or Welcome Page redirection

Hi Everyone,

We are in the processing of migrated old SSID naming (WPA1/2) into new SSID naming (WPA1/2). I know in captive portal L3 authentication I can use welcome page redirect. However, can I do that on WPA1/2? In summary I am looking the way to announce the change so user can migrate to new SSID more seamlessly. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Thanks in advanced,

scjlin
Aruba Employee

Re: WPA1 / 2 Popup Windows or Welcome Page redirection

You could just use captive portal with custom HTML. You would have the users that are still using the old SSID moved into a second new logon role with CP authentication, just have them move into the new role instead of your default production role. Once they pass CP they would go into the production role.

You can script the CP such that there is just an OK button, or you could do email authentication and that way know who as read your notification. Just make the text of the page whatever you want them to know about your SSID change and what you want them to do about it, steps to take, etc.

Hope that helps,
-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Occasional Contributor II

thanks for promptly reply awl,

I think use CP to intercept the traffic is kind of long work around.

Perhaps I should make this a feature request to have a small popup IE or firefox windows even when user join WPA1 / WPA2. I think it will be easier to made announce to wireless user.

Thanks for suggestion,

Jay
Guru Elite

Popup when User Joines WPA or WPA2

A popup is usually the result of a request from the client. Just joining a WPA or WPA2 network does cannot make a client request data to generate a popup. At most, the client requests an IP address. How would that work, from a technical perspective?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Then you have the problem of it being blocked by my pop up blocker :)

For this sort of thing, if it were me, I'd want it to be invasive. I don't want users to miss the announcement and then call the help desk when the SSID disappears. CP is an easy way to make sure they see it, and if they have to authorize themselves every so often they'll move to the new SSID that much quicker...

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: