ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Watchdog Timeouts and Controllers Rebooting, Please help!

Over the last week we've had a couple of our local controllers reboot on their own. Looking in the Show Tech a couple of things are sticking out, I'm hoping somebody can help me out.

First it looks like the controller rebooted due a Watchdog Timeout:

Switch uptime is 2 hours 15 minutes 52 seconds
Reboot Cause: Watchdog timeout or hard reset.

It also looks like the Heartbeat misses between the Local & Master are increasing (5 misses in a couple hours already):

Missed -> HB Resp from Master
-----------------------------
IP Address HB Req HB Resp Cfg Terminate Peer Reset Total Missed Last Sent Missed Last Synced/Last Missed
---------- ------ ------- ------------- ---------- ------------ ---------------- -----------------------
10.48.14.10 795 795 0 0 5 0 Sun Apr 25 08:40:42 2010

Lots of ICMP errors in the Datapath App Stats:

show datapath application counters

Datapath Application Statistics
-------------------------------
NAPT Allocation Failures 0
NAT Allocation Failures 0
NAT TCP Sequence Failures 0
ICMP Errors Received 531
ICMP Errors Denied 507

And lastly here is the output from the top of the errorlog

show log errorlog all
Apr 25 08:37:57 |fpapps| Reboot Cause: Watchdog timeout or hard reset.
Apr 25 08:40:02 |publisher| Pubsub send message code 0 source port 8378 to destination port 8345 failed, errno Connection timed out
Apr 25 08:40:05 |publisher| Pubsub send message code 0 source port 8378 to destination port 8384 failed, errno Connection timed out
Apr 25 08:40:44 |profmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file sapi.c function sapi_rsp line 247.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Guru Elite

Unscheduled reboot

Any controller that has an unscheduled reboot you should open a case so that support can get to the bottom of it. That is the best way to deal with that.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Re: Watchdog Timeouts and Controllers Rebooting, Please help!

Will do, thanks :)
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Watchdog Timeouts and Controllers Rebooting, Please help!

Definitely open a support ticket. Do a tar crash (the TAC will ask for it).

Just for your own FYI: You can upzip/untar it on your local computer and look around. You can sometimes determine what caused it (which process anyway) by drilling down through the crash file. Gives you a bit of insight into the inner workings of the AOS/controller.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: