ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

WebUI login fails depending on source IP?

I am experiencing an issue where I am getting 'Access Denied' when attempting to log in to the WebUI or SSH if I am connected to wireless, but succeeding when connected to wired LAN.

From the debugging security logs I've noticed that the authentication process differs for each situation. Additional and different details are sent to the Radius server when I attempt to connect from a wireless connection.

I'm not sure how much detail to provide/hide, but here are some snippets from the security log:

From wireless connection (an AP on this controller):

Select server for method=Management, user=*****, essid=test-11n, server-group=CH, last_srv <>
server=*radius server*, ena=1, ins=1 (1)
Selected server *radius server* for method=Management; user=*****, essid=test-11n, domain=<>, server-group=CH
Authentication result=Authentication failed(1), method=Management, server=*radius server*, user=00:21:6a:64:da:20
Auth server '*radius server*' response=1

From wired connection:

Select server for method=Management, user=*****, essid=<>, server-group=CH, last_srv <>
server=*radius server*, ena=1, ins=1 (1)
Selected server *radius server* for method=Management; user=*****, essid=<>, domain=<>, server-group=CH
User ***** MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00 not found
Authentication result=Authentication Successful(0), method=Management, server=*radius server*, user=144.45.252.42
Auth server '*radius server*' response=0

The differing details being sent by Aruba makes me think that there may be something in the Aruba configuration that can correct this.

Any ideas of what to check/change would be greatly appreciated.
Guru Elite

Radius Server Logs

Your radius server logs would say why it is being rejected. Look there first and work backwards.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: