ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

What are the benefits of ArubaOS 6.0?

Whats the new benefits with ArubaOS 6? Just the general parts.. :)

Guru Elite

Re: What are the benefits of ArubaOS 6.0?

There is quite alot.

In the same folder where you download the software, there are release notes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

The Aruba support center told me to stick with 5.0.3.3 because there were many bugs in the 6.x version. I never know when to upgrade. Does anyone know if Aruba has published recommendation for when to upgrade to the different versions?

Thanks
Aruba

What are the benefits of ArubaOS 6.0?

Upgrade the code on the Aruba platforms (like any others...) if you need/want the features contained there-in would be my guidance.

It's a benefit vs. risk equation of course
Contributor I

I'd wait

Version 6 code is buggy at BEST. I'd hold off if I were you. LOTS of issues.
Scott Miller
New Contributor

if there are lots of issues - is there a bug list somewhere ? We upgraded from 3.4.3.0 to 6.0.1.2 and I got lots and lots of positive feedback regarding almost every aspect of the wlan.
Aruba Employee

The release notes are the best place to find the lise of known problems with any given release.

As with any release of code, not all bugs affect all implementations, but being informed of what's out there in any release helps in planning, and definitely helps when troubleshooting.

MVP

Release notes skim the surface

The release notes are hardly comprehensive. AOS 6.x has so many issues, I can't even begin, and none of them are in any release notes . . . most of them have been undiscovered (for us). If your WLAN exists in a low-risk environment, go for it . . . however, if you have any mission-critical services leveraging Wi-Fi, you are best to wait on the upgrade.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Contributor I

Can anyone speak to the reliability to 6.1.2.3? I heard there was over 100 bug fixes. Is 6.x safe now with 6.1.2.3?
Contributor I

I've been running 6.1.2.3 for about a week and I believe I found 2 major bugs already, being investigated by Aruba, so no, I would not recommend 6.1.2.3 for reliability, about to downgrade to 6.0.1.3 which worked fine except for a pesky "Web Authentication is disabled" issue found in 6.x code (still not resolved, after a year of this being a know bug)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: