02-24-2011 10:59 AM
I looked in our SSID profile and noticed that local-probe-response is gone! I've got local-probe-resp-threshold - it has no help in the CLI, but the GUI mouseover seems to indicate it complements local-probe-response, rather than replacing it.
Anybody know what we're supposed to do these days to enable local probe response? We're running 22.214.171.124.
02-24-2011 11:12 AM
In 5.0 all the management frame processing has been moved to the AP, you don't need to configure it any longer.
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
02-24-2011 11:24 AM
02-24-2011 12:06 PM
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
02-24-2011 03:05 PM
Here's the scenario. I've seen this in three cases so far. This network's pretty young (2 months), but all three problems have occurred since I enabled band steering.
- 5 GHz-capable STA in range of two APs (one with high SNR, one with low SNR)
- Client sends probe requests on 5 GHz band
- High-SNR AP doesn't respond to 5 GHz probe request
- Low-SNR SNR AP does respond to 5 GHz probe request
- Client associates to low-SNR AP
- Client throughput is terrible
- Client continues to send probe requests
- High-SNR AP finally sends a probe response after ~10 seconds
- Client generally does NOT roam to high-SNR AP, presumably due to client stickiness
In all three cases, rebooting the high-SNR AP fixed it. We have a second VAP on these APs running non-HT single-band (g-only) - it is not affected by the problem. Similarly, 2.4GHz-only STAs are not affected on either SSID.
Any wisdom you can impart is greatly appreciated!