ArubaOS and Controllers

Windows Pre-authentication with Machine Authentication

All,

Last week I was able to get "Computer Authentication" setup and running on a campus-wide Aruba network. The campus uses Windows 7, Vista and XP clients.

The problem I'm having isn't related to Aruba, but I thought someone on the forums may have dealt with this issue. I'd like to have Windows clients authenticate, or pre-authenticate, via machine authentication at the login screen. Ideally this would allow people to wirelessly authenticate through Active Directory without previously having logged onto those physical clients.

I am currently running ArubaOS 3.4.1.1 on the controllers and on the APs.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Mike
Guru Elite

Radius Server

On your radius server, you also need to allow clients from the Window's Group "Domain Computers". Write a separate remote access policy just like the first one, but make the condition Windows Groups equals "Domain Computers", and you should be good.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Windows Pre-authentication with Machine Authentication

cjoseph,

Thanks for the suggestion! I think in the end the AD team will have to push some Group Policy Objects to the clients.

I actually figured it out by chugging away. I was able to make some changes under Windows 7 to get it working. Specifically, if you select "User and Computer Authentication" it opens up the "Single Sign On" options. Previously, I selected "Computer Authentication" and this grayed out the "Single Sign On" options. The SSO options allowed me to define pre-login variables - which is exactly what I was looking for.

I rebooted the machine, and on the next boot a new users was able to log in to the SSID.

-Mike
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: