ArubaOS and Controllers

Super Contributor I

Windows Pre-authentication with Machine Authentication

All,

Last week I was able to get "Computer Authentication" setup and running on a campus-wide Aruba network. The campus uses Windows 7, Vista and XP clients.

The problem I'm having isn't related to Aruba, but I thought someone on the forums may have dealt with this issue. I'd like to have Windows clients authenticate, or pre-authenticate, via machine authentication at the login screen. Ideally this would allow people to wirelessly authenticate through Active Directory without previously having logged onto those physical clients.

I am currently running ArubaOS 3.4.1.1 on the controllers and on the APs.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Mike
Guru Elite

Radius Server

On your radius server, you also need to allow clients from the Window's Group "Domain Computers". Write a separate remote access policy just like the first one, but make the condition Windows Groups equals "Domain Computers", and you should be good.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Super Contributor I

Re: Windows Pre-authentication with Machine Authentication

cjoseph,

Thanks for the suggestion! I think in the end the AD team will have to push some Group Policy Objects to the clients.

I actually figured it out by chugging away. I was able to make some changes under Windows 7 to get it working. Specifically, if you select "User and Computer Authentication" it opens up the "Single Sign On" options. Previously, I selected "Computer Authentication" and this grayed out the "Single Sign On" options. The SSO options allowed me to define pre-login variables - which is exactly what I was looking for.

I rebooted the machine, and on the next boot a new users was able to log in to the SSID.

-Mike
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: