ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Windows XP, restrict to one SSID only

Does anyone know of a way to lock Windows XP down to the Corporate SSID only?

We don't want users going home and using either their own wireless, or any ol' hot spot.

Windows 7 and Vista can use an AD GPO to simply do this.

I've rinsed Google trying to find a solution for XP
(Apart from more expensive software)

Surely this can't be that hard? Has anyone devised a way to do this?
Guru Elite

Re: Windows XP, restrict to one SSID only

Mandatory Group Policy

Isn't there a way to make the configuration so that a user cannot change it? I have seen situations where the administrator has configured this, and when the user tries to add or remove wireless, it says "changes have not been saved". I do know what was done, I just know that it is possible. This was on Windows XP.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

Using GPO from a Microsft server and disabling various security features will almost get you there, but unfortunately, if a user then goes onto scan for other wireless networks, they then have the capability to create a wireless network to the newly discovered SSID.

No real way around this in XP.

I would suggest looking at products such as Odyssey Access Client or similar (obviously license cost associated to these) or Intel ProSet - which is free, but not always 100% reliable.

cheers,
Aruba Employee

To Jason's point, we use Juniper Odyssey to take care of those kinds of things. It's not cheap, but it will do what you want. You can download a 30-day trial if you want to look at it.
Occasional Contributor I

thanks

Intel ProSet and Juniper Oyssey look like possibles, thanks.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: