ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Wired or wireless active connection?

Hi we are running version 6.1.2.2, and the issue we are seeing is that when users connect via the wired LAN and leave the wireless card enabled we are seeing both IP addresses within the client monitoring table. Is there anyway of automatically disabling the wireless on the Aruba OS if the client is also connected to the wired LAN?

Thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Re: Wired or wireless active connection?

You can enable the "Enforce DHCP" checkbox in the AAA profile and those ip addresses will not appear in the user table.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Colin. This does seem to clear the wired IP address from the table, however I was hoping that there was a way of stopping the client from connecting on the wireless if there is an existing wired connection?
Guru Elite

The the properties of some Intel Drivers as well as the IBM Connections wireless supplicant has a parameter to stop this, but we cannot do this on the infrastructure side.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: