ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Wireless Client location in Master-Local Controller configuration

Hello,

I have a problem to "locate" a client on an AP connected to a Local Controller.
On the Master Controller the Client is visiable, after clicking the Client an Access Window to the Local is appearing, but on the Local I miss the "LOCATE" button to locate the client.

How to locate a Client on a Local Controller ???
My software is 3.4.

Regards,
Ulrich
Contributor I

Re: Wireless Client location in Master-Local Controller configuration

I too would like to find out whether that's even possible. Running ArubaOS 6.0. Will the feature be available in future versions of ArubaOS?
Occasional Contributor I

As of Sep 21, 2011 and with version ArubaOS 6.0.1.3 running on 2 3600 Mobility, i am still having the same issue as above. Besides, when I click locate on client associated with the master controller, the GUI will just hangs for 15 mins until its accessible again, not to mention it doesn't work at all.
--
System Analyst
Renaissance College
Hong Kong
Guru Elite

AFAIK, it has never been possible to locate a user that is on a local controller. That has always been a limitation, for the life of the product. To locate users in a multi user environment, the only way is through Airwave.

UPDATE: A workaround is to go to the Plan Tab on the master, open a campus and click on the Locate button. You can paste the mac address of the user on the local you want to locate.

The fundamental issue is that you can only locate users when on the master controller, but the master controller does not list users on the local controller. Even when you look at the global user table, it does not give you the option to locate users on a local, from the master.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

This should work. Please open a TAC case. Try to clear your browser cache and see if that will work, first.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

i just reach this thread because today i notice that in master-local config miss the "Plan" tab.... ok that with Airwave works but for small installation (with only two controller) it's too expensive to use Airwave for my point of view.

i hope in future release Aruba will permit us to locate clients and rouge ap on local controllers too.
Andrea Consadori
ACMP 5.0 and 6.3

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: