ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Wireless Users suddenly cannot connect to network

Hello,

We have deployed a 3200 series controller and twelve AP125 WAPS in a K-12 public school environment. The APs are located in two physically separate campuses. The system has been working beautifully for a month until today.

Suddenly all the APs at the high school campus show an amber light on the ether1 port of the AP. None of the wireless users can access the network via the APs.

I can see the APs from the controller but users cannot obtain a DHCP address or connect to the wireless network.

The APs at the other campus are working fine.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help.
Guru Elite

Open a Case

Hello,

We have deployed a 3200 series controller and twelve AP125 WAPS in a K-12 public school environment. The APs are located in two physically separate campuses. The system has been working beautifully for a month until today.

Suddenly all the APs at the high school campus show an amber light on the ether1 port of the AP. None of the wireless users can access the network via the APs.

I can see the APs from the controller but users cannot obtain a DHCP address or connect to the wireless network.

The APs at the other campus are working fine.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help.

If nobody can connect, I would suggest that you open a case so that they can get to the bottom of this.

Are you sure that the APs can contact the controller and can be pinged from the controller? Has anything been changed in your infrastructure or on the controller recently?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Wireless Users suddenly cannot connect to network

I have the same thing happening here. Running version 3.4.0.4 on an MK3 APs at one remote location fail to provide connectivity to users. I can ping the IPs from my workstation and from the controller itself. I have a ticket open with Aruba but no luck yet. If I bring the APs back here they work just fine.
Aruba Employee

Re: Wireless Users suddenly cannot connect to network

That sounds like there is something going on in the network, possibly a firewall blocking GRE. It could also be DNS resolution/option 43 was affected? You can check for that with a laptop, nslookup, and wireshark if you want to look at DHCP. It would also be good to get a console view from the AP to see where it's failing in the process.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: