ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Xbox Support for OS Detection

xboxes show up as blank clients. Hopefully they are something you guys can add in a coming release as I'd really like to know when they're connected.
Guru Elite

Re: Xbox Support for OS Detection

A device that can open a browser is classified based on the OS that is detected from the browser agent. This thread is about detecting the DHCP signature of a device and changing the role. The first method is different from the second...

Use "show aaa device-id-cache mac " to show what the controller thinks a device is. Please post for the Xbox, so that we can add that definition. Remember the Xbox needs to have had sent traffic via port 80 to be classified.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I'm sorry, i didn't see a feature request forum and this seemed to be the closest on topic. Perhaps creating a section for feature requests would be a good idea. Consider that a feature request? ;)
Guru Elite

Please post the output for the Xbox, so that we can see what the controller sees that it is...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Colin, I'd be happy to. Are you looking for the output from the Monitoring>Client tab or something in the CLI? It's just blank in the GUI and I haven't seen "Client Type" information in the CLI.
Guru Elite

The output of "show aaa device-id-cache mac " on the commandline where is that of the Xbox would be fine. Thank you.

Colin Joseph

hmm...I don't have that command. I am running ArubaOS 6.0.1.2. is it missing on that version? I'm not doing any radius based authentication. these people are all connected WPA2 since they are in large residential complexes. I have to go with what the consumer's gear supports :D

(wlc01-lax01) #show aaa ?
accounting Show accounting configuration
authentication Authentication methods
authentication-server Authentication Servers
bandwidth-contracts Show bandwidth contracts
derivation-rules Show role/vlan derivation rules
dns-query-interval DNS query interval
fqdn-server-names Auth Server FQDN names
main-profile Show summary of all AAA profiles
password-policy Password policy for locally configured management
users
profile Show an AAA Profile
pubcookie-authenticat.. Show Pubcookie authentication Configuration
radius-attributes Show RADIUS attributes
rfc-3576-server RFC 3576 server
server-group Show a Server Group
state Show internal state of authentication module
tacacs-accounting Show TACACS accounting configuration
timers Show timers
web Show web server configuration
xml-api External XML API
Guru Elite

I apologize. That command is not correct. We will work on the Xbox classification.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: