ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

about mesh AP

Now I have two AP93 and an AC200,

The AC200 and one ap93 are in the buliding A, and another AP93 is in the Builiding B. NOW I want to let the people in the builid B can connect to the AC200 in the BuildingA . How can I set mesh AP ?

Thank you ver much !
Guru Elite

Re: about mesh AP

There is a mesh chapter in the ArubaOS user guide which describes how to do this. The AC200 only supports up to ArubaOS 5.x, but does not require a separate mesh license. You can find the ArubaOS 5.x user guide at http://support.arubanetworks.com. Click on Documentation> Software User and Reference Guides> ArubaOS 5.0> ArubaOS 5.0 User guide.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

about mesh AP

Please keep in mind that since the AP-93 is a single radio (2.4 OR 5), you will be meshing back on the same channel as client connectivity. That will degrade the speed in both locations.

I know this means spending more money, but the ideal situation with what you already have would be to purchase an AP-105. Turn one of your AP-93 into a 5Ghz mesh point at the controller site, then use the AP-105 in the remote building to service clients on 2.4 and mesh back on 5.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: