Occasional Contributor II

about mesh AP

Now I have two AP93 and an AC200,

The AC200 and one ap93 are in the buliding A, and another AP93 is in the Builiding B. NOW I want to let the people in the builid B can connect to the AC200 in the BuildingA . How can I set mesh AP ?

Thank you ver much !
Guru Elite

Re: about mesh AP

There is a mesh chapter in the ArubaOS user guide which describes how to do this. The AC200 only supports up to ArubaOS 5.x, but does not require a separate mesh license. You can find the ArubaOS 5.x user guide at http://support.arubanetworks.com. Click on Documentation> Software User and Reference Guides> ArubaOS 5.0> ArubaOS 5.0 User guide.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

about mesh AP

Please keep in mind that since the AP-93 is a single radio (2.4 OR 5), you will be meshing back on the same channel as client connectivity. That will degrade the speed in both locations.

I know this means spending more money, but the ideal situation with what you already have would be to purchase an AP-105. Turn one of your AP-93 into a 5Ghz mesh point at the controller site, then use the AP-105 in the remote building to service clients on 2.4 and mesh back on 5.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: