ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

about user disconnect from the system

After the user disconnect from the WLAN system, the controller did *NOT* delete the user immediately. 'show user' can still display that user. So the controller did not send the account-stop message to the radius server.

I just want to know if there was any configuration to kick-off the user immediately after it disconnect the system?

Thanks
hldlk.
Guru Elite

show aaa timers

By default, the user will be in the user table for at least five minutes after the user has stopped passing traffic. Some users close their laptops, roam away, etc and do not disconnect. The timer allows them to come back with their session intact.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: about user disconnect from the system

Thanks for your answer!

How can I change this default configuration?
Guru Elite

Change

What do you want to change? If a user leaves, the user might come back, so it might not be practical to just disconnect the user.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: about user disconnect from the system

I want do the account based on the on-line time. If the user disconnect from the system, the controller send the acc-stop to radius server after the 5 minutes, it does not make sense.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: