ArubaOS and Controllers

Aruba Employee

apflash....backup-partition option missing

I just noticed that the "backup-partition" option is missing from the apflash command in 6.1.2.x. Anyone know if this is by design or a bug? It's still in the 6.1 CRG.
Aruba

apflash....backup-partition option missing

The command has been removed in AOS 6.x. The last version where backup-partition should be used is AOS 5.x.

So it is by-design.
Aruba Employee

Re: apflash....backup-partition option missing

The command has been removed in AOS 6.x. The last version where backup-partition should be used is AOS 5.x.

So it is by-design.

Ok, thanks, you might want to update the documentation to reflect that.
Contributor I

So does this mean that the backup flash will be automatically upgraded?
Aruba Employee

No, it doesn't get automatically upgraded. I guess they feel there is no need to upgrade the backup partition past 5.x. I'm not sure what we'll do if there are enhancements in the provisioning page that might be needed in the future if a RAP is reprovisioned from factory defaults.
Guru Elite

Even though it seems that you can upgrade the backup partition using APflash to different versions, in 5.x, there have only been three revisions to the backup partition; the last coming in 5.0.4.1, but the fix is minor. You should be fine with any 5.x version of the backup partition.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: