ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

connecting controller brings existing network down

I have a Dell w-3200 controller with two VLANS setup. I can connect with a wireless client device and ping laptop on other VLAN. My problem is that when I connect my existing wired network to controller, my wired network goes down. (Had a ping running on existing pc in wired network and could see as network went down) The VLAN that I connected to existing network is on same ip subnet as my wired network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Guru Elite

Re: connecting controller brings existing network down

Is your controller duplicating an ip address on your network, like the default gateway?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

No duplicating IP addresses. I do have the controller's default gateway set to our firewall to the internet.
Guru Elite

If the controller is single-connected, we would have to know alot more about your setup. Is the controller serving up DHCP, at all? How is the controller connected to your network? Is it bridging your corporate network and your internet connection?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Controller is single connected, serving DHCP on the "wireless" VLAN network, it is not bridging corporate net and inet connection.

Port 0 of my controller (VLAN 1) is physically connected to corporate network, and Port 3 (VLAN 100) is my "wireless" network.

My intent is to have the controller act as a router between my corporate network, and my wireless network.
Guru Elite

The big question is, when did this start happening? Did you configure the controller first, then plug it in, or did you plug it in to your network then configure it? Without having a topology of your network, we would just be guessing what your issue is at this point. You said the controller is plugged directly into your firewall.. What kind of firewall and how is it connected? Are you sure you are not serving up DHCP addresses to the wrong VLAN? Can you ping the firewall from the controller? Is the controller in the ARP table of the firewall?

You should open a TAC case to get to the bottom of this quickly.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

The controller has never been in production. I setup in a lab environment, then attempted to connect to my network.

Should I connect first to my corporate network then configure?
Guru Elite

You can do it either way. I only asked to find out when your issues started happening.

Please, if you can, send the output of "show vlan status", "show ip dhcp database" and "show ip route"

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

'show vlan status'

Vlan Status
-----------
VlanId IPAddress Adminstate Operstate PortCount Nat Inside Mode Ports
------ --------- ---------- --------- --------- ---------- ---- -----
1 192.168.223.10/255.255.0.0 Enabled Up 1 Enabled Regular GE1/0 Pc0-7
100 172.16.223.1/255.255.255.0 Enabled Up 3 Enabled Regular GE1/1-3

'show ip dhcp database'

DHCP enabled

# Cypress_Pool
subnet 172.16.223.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
option vendor-class-identifier "ArubaAP";
option vendor-encapsulated-options "192.168.223.10";
option routers 172.16.223.1;
range 172.16.223.2 172.16.223.254;
authoritative;
}

'SHOW IP ROUTE'

Codes: C - connected, O - OSPF, R - RIP, S - static
M - mgmt, U - route usable, * - candidate default

Gateway of last resort is 192.168.1.176 to network 0.0.0.0 at cost 1
S* 0.0.0.0/0 via 192.168.1.176*
C 192.168.0.0 is directly connected, VLAN1
C 172.16.223.0 is directly connected, VLAN100
Guru Elite

Do not have enough information. Can you connect the controller, without any wireless devices on port gig1/0 and you have the same issue? ( just single connection with no access points terminating on it), or do you have the issue?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: