ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

destroying factory config file with pre-boot setenv commands

hi

is there any chance to accidentally destroy the factory-default config which is used after "write erase all" command if you have a former config stuck in boot and you execute the "setenv cfgfile 1 " commands in cpboot?

e.g. i you accidentally did "setenv original.cfg 1 " or something ?

or is this hard-coded and cant be "destroyed/overwritten" ?

regards
Guru Elite

Question

I guest the big question is, why would you want to do that? That feature is normally in use in the very rare case that your config is corrupt and you are stuck at the cpboot> prompt.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: destroying factory config file with pre-boot setenv commands

i just had a customer who tried to migrate some older config to some newer controller, the controller got stuck in boot . then we found the KB article regarding regaining access to the controller by executing the "setenv cfgfile 1 " command which didnt help properly. therefore the customer did trial/error and executed something like "setenv original.cfg" and this helped him regaining the quick-wizard CLI .

i "just" want to know if one could accidentally mess up the original factory-default.cfg by "playing around" with those commands in the cpboot area.

hope you understand what i mean ;-9

regards
Guru Elite

I know what you mean

I understand now.

No, it will not "hurt" or erase the startup wizard.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: