ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

devices marked as "known interfering" still appear in log

Hi,

I am running software version AOS-W 3.3.2.12 build 20848.

When I see an AP from another (known and permitted) WLAN appearing on the Master controller, it is reported as an interfering AP. When I mark it as "known interfering", the log still records the event.

I was under the impression that marking a rogue AP as "known interfering" meant that the log messages would subsequently be suppressed. Can anyone please advise me on why this is not happening?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help,
Daren Matthews
Guru Elite

Known Interfering

Darren,

There is little difference between interfering and known interfering. Marking an AP known interfering just lets the administrator know that he has seen and accounted for an interfering AP. Events will still be reported on that AP.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Aruba Employee

Re: devices marked as "known interfering" still appear in log

Also, over time, the controller will "age-out" the selection of "Known Interfering" and the AP will revert back to Interfering, especially if there is a bit of time between when the system sees the interfering AP or not.

To force the system to forever hold onto the "Known Interfering" classification, make sure the following is configured to be enabled: "WMS Persistent Known Interfering"

(Sammamish-5000) # configure term
Enter Configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z

(Sammamish-5000) (config) #wms
(Sammamish-5000) (wms) #general persistent-known-interfering ?
disable disable
enable enable

(Sammamish-5000) (wms) #general persistent-known-interfering
New Contributor

thanks

Thanks guys, that's excellent. Many thanks for clarification and also the advice.

- Daren.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: