ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

guest users not shown on guest provisioning after upgrading firmware

We did an upgrade from Aruba 3.3.2.12 to 3.4.2.1. The guest provisiong page is still working and we can create new guest accounts here. These can be managed later.

However, we have a number of guest accounts created under 3.3.2.12. None of those is shown on the guest provisioning page. They are all still working and can be managed using the intern database.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards
Dirk
Contributor I

Re: guest users not shown on guest provisioning after upgrading firmware

BRW, this is an Aruba 2400.

Regards
Dirk
Guru Elite

Guest provisioning

Vieregg,

Starting in ArubaOS 3.4.1, only guests created by an individual "guest provisioner" can be seen by that guest provisioner when logged into the guest provisioning screen.

What this means is if you login to the guest provisioning page, you cannot see guests unless they were created by your login. If you login to the controller with administrator or root rights, you can see them all in the internal database.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: guest users not shown on guest provisioning after upgrading firmware

The guest provisioning user is the same as on 3.3. So I would guess this account can see all the old entries as well. But this isn't the case.
Guru Elite

Not the case

You are correct - this is not the case. In the user database it is now stored what user created what guest users. In the older guest entries, that filed was not populated so moving forward, older guests cannot be seen by that guest provisioner.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: