ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

how can i upload my cfg file to ac and take it into effct?

My ac is empty. but i have its cfg file how can i use this file to let my ac working as the cfg file defined.
Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
Guru Elite

Re: how can i upload my cfg file to ac and take it into effct?

First, you have to make sure the new controller is up and running and has an ip address.

Go to Maintenence> Copy Files and copy that file to the controller's flash. Next, go to boot parameters and change the configuration file to the one you uploaded and reboot.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

so if i do so. the ap name aruba3400 which i choose the default name as ap name will change to the name that the file define Htdata or something of the file?
and before i reboot it ,should i save the configuration?
Guru Elite

The name of the AP, along with the ap-group are written to flash on the AP and the configuration does not change that. If the new configuration has different functionality for that AP-group, the access point will inherit that functionality. Worst-case, if that ap-group does not exist in the new configuration, the AP will not come up, but show as "Inactive". You would have to then provision that AP to a group that is listed in the current configuration.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Actually when i do this, first i upload the cfg file by tftp,and i choose the file which i uploaded as the boot config-file,then i write memory and reload. After i entered my username and password, i find the configuration was't the file that ip uploaded. It confused me a lot. Can u tell me why?
Guru Elite

When you go to the boot parameters again, it should say the file you uploaded. Where did you get that configuration file from? Was it the same model controller?

Colin Joseph

Yes .The file was copied form the ac ,and then i write erase . I just want to do an experiment that ac's cfg was copied by tftp rather than i write it by cli.By the way , the file was copied from the ac by cli rather than the WEB .
As the steps i said, it didn't work. The configuration didn't change to the file i uploaded. It's the same as the situation before i rebooted it.
Guru Elite

How was that configuration file created?

Colin Joseph

It's just wrtied memory on the ac.and I copied it form the ac by tftp. Now the problem is solved.after i uploaded it ,i entered the command copy flash: filename(i uploaded) flash: default.cfg(which is the default boot config-file),then i rebooted the configuration was recoveried.
Aruba Employee

Make sure you are replacing it with "default.cfg" file name.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: