ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

how to add a supervisor card ?

i have a problem,
my controler 6000 ,now i need to suport at less 200 ap ,so one supervisor card is not ennough,i should add anonther supervisor card to meet my demand ,i have add the second card in the 6000 controler ,but when i see the license ,it still display the control support 128 ap ,what should i do to make the controler to support 265 ap .do i need to add a licence for the second supervisor card?
could anyone give me some suggestion how to add another suppervisor card?
Guru Elite

Second Card

i have a problem,
my controler 6000 ,now i need to suport at less 200 ap ,so one supervisor card is not ennough,i should add anonther supervisor card to meet my demand ,i have add the second card in the 6000 controler ,but when i see the license ,it still display the control support 128 ap ,what should i do to make the controler to support 265 ap .do i need to add a licence for the second supervisor card?
could anyone give me some suggestion how to add another suppervisor card?

The second card needs a license. It is completely separate from the first card and you have to add it like a local to the first card and license it to increase your capacity.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: how to add a supervisor card ?

thank you for your reply
can I understand that in such a way? 128 AP registered to the master supervisor card and the 128 AP registered to the local supervisor card, two supervisor cards together to achieve 256 ap registered 6000 system?

I have a another problem, there is no erthernet interfaces ,or other interfaces on the master supervisor card and the local supervisor card, how do the two cards communicate, does they communicate through the chassis backplane?
Aruba Employee

Even though they are in the same physical 6000 they are two separate controllers. Putting two supervisor cards in does not create additional processing power as a single aggregate system, they remain independent devices sharing one physical enclosure.

Both of the controllers will need to be connected to the network via Ethernet and will communicate across that connection using your existing switch infrastructure. Your first controller will be the master, the second controller will be a local. Your APs will need to be split into two groups, one terminating on the master and one on the local to achieve the AP count you're looking for.

I would highly recommend you take a look at the campus validated reference design (VRD) guide. While it references M3s in the design model the same functionality and deployment model holds true for the supervisor cards as well. You can find the guide at http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/DG_Campus_Wireless_Validated_Reference.zip

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks

my controler is like that in the attachment
there are two port on each supervisor card,buts the two port are serial port ,and mgnt port ,so both of them can not be used to conncet supervisor cards ,and there are no other ports on the two cards,
so no ports can be used,how to connect the two supervsior cards?
Guru Elite

Linecards

my controler is like that in the attachment
there are two port on each supervisor card,buts the two port are serial port ,and mgnt port ,so both of them can not be used to conncet supervisor cards ,and there are no other ports on the two cards,
so no ports can be used,how to connect the two supervsior cards?

Right above each Supervisor card is a Linecard that you use GBICs to connect them to your network. The linecards must be inserted in the correct order so they can show up as interfaces on each supervisor. Put in the first Linecard and supervisor and configure them; after that put in the second supervisor and it's linecard and configure them. Those linecards should show up like gigabit ethernet interfaces on each Supervisor that you can use to connect them to your network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: