ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

how to get user cert on macbook

I am trying to do an advanced user certifcate request on a mac and when i paste my cert details into the saved request box and press submit i keep getting a scripting must be enabled error when using any browser. Does anyone have good documentation on doing a CSR from a macbook
Guru Elite

Browser and Cert

What browser and what certificate authority are you using?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: how to get user cert on macbook

I have tried firefox and safari. We are trying to do this against an enterprise CA. I have read further into this and it seems like we may have to put up a standalone CA for non windows machines is this correct?
Guru Elite

Let's see

Let me make sure I'm telling you the right thing...

Are you using EAP-TLS on a Microsoft IAS server? Are you Generating a CSR to a text file and attempting to request a certificate by pasting in the CSR into http:/certsrv? Do you even get to login to the cert server with your domain credentials? Do you click on "Request A Cert" and make sure that "Client Authentication - User" is in the template selection? We have people that do this on Safari, on MACs all the time, and it works. Did you consider contacting Microsoft with the scripting error?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

we are using eap-tls with a micrsoft IAS server. On the mac i browse to the page for our certsrv and i login with my domain credentials. From there i click on request certificate. I can select user certificate or i can select advanced certificate request. I select advanced and paste my certificate details in and i get the scripting error.

cjoseph are you saying that my request should work on a enterprise certificate authority
Guru Elite

I'm saying

we are using eap-tls with a micrsoft IAS server. On the mac i browse to the page for our certsrv and i login with my domain credentials. From there i click on request certificate. I can select user certificate or i can select advanced certificate request. I select advanced and paste my certificate details in and i get the scripting error.

cjoseph are you saying that my request should work on a enterprise certificate authority

I am saying that you are doing all the right things. Microsoft needs to explain the scripting error.

Colin Joseph

cjoseph,

Is there any way you can post screen shots of the steps you would take when requesting on a mac from an enterprise CA?
Guru Elite

Screenshots

cjoseph,

Is there any way you can post screen shots of the steps you would take when requesting on a mac from an enterprise CA?

I can send you a redacted instruction PDF on how to do this, if you would like.

Colin Joseph

cjoseph,

That would be great. The thing i want to see is when you actually request the cert i want to see what the page looks like from the macs perspective. When requesting from a mac are you requesting a user or computer cert?
Guru Elite

Email address

cjoseph,

That would be great. The thing i want to see is when you actually request the cert i want to see what the page looks like from the macs perspective. When requesting from a mac are you requesting a user or computer cert?

Please send me your email via PM on the site and I will send it to you.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: