ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

idle-timeout question

Hi,

Could someone tell me what "firewall session-idle-timeout" means, and the difference between that and "aaa timers idle-timeout"?

It appears that "aaa timers idle-timeout" maps to "User idle timeout". This jives with a 2008 post from Colin Joseph http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/forum/cotd-show-aaa-timers which explains this user session timeout command in detail.

So, what is "firewall session-idle-timeout" ?

Thanks,
Mike

(lgrc-wac-106-1) #show aaa timers
User idle timeout = 60 minutes
Auth Server dead time = 10 minutes
Logon user lifetime = 5 minutes

(lgrc-wac-106-1) #show running-config | include idle
aaa timers idle-timeout 60
firewall session-idle-timeout 40
ipv6 firewall session-idle-timeout 60
Guru Elite

Firewall session-idle-timeout

Hi,

Could someone tell me what "firewall session-idle-timeout" means, and the difference between that and "aaa timers idle-timeout"?

It appears that "aaa timers idle-timeout" maps to "User idle timeout". This jives with a 2008 post from Colin Joseph http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/forum/cotd-show-aaa-timers which explains this user session timeout command in detail.

So, what is "firewall session-idle-timeout" ?

Thanks,
Mike

(lgrc-wac-106-1) #show aaa timers
User idle timeout = 60 minutes
Auth Server dead time = 10 minutes
Logon user lifetime = 5 minutes

(lgrc-wac-106-1) #show running-config | include idle
aaa timers idle-timeout 60
firewall session-idle-timeout 40
ipv6 firewall session-idle-timeout 60

From the ArubaOS 3.4.1 user guide:

"Set the time, in seconds, that a non-TCP session can be idle before it is removed from the session table. Specify a value in the range 16-259 seconds. You should not set this option unless instructed to do so by an Aruba representative. Default: 30 seconds"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: