ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

machine authentication WLAN clients

Hello,

I have a master controller and 3 local controller. We put a new supervisor in one local controller. The master has the release 5.0.0 and a SCWI. The local got a M3 with Release 5.0.2. We update the local to 5.0.3 because of some problems with the image. We installed the old config. But now we have problems with the machine authentication. The controller only do a machine or an user authentication. So the user only get a guest-role.
We compare the old config with the new, but the only difference is a setting for stateful kerberos and a certificate that is missing.

The second problem is that we have another WLAN Profile with Captive Portal. There the guest user cannot login. The user from our network with an AD user have no problems.
We think of updating the master to 5.0.3? We are not sure that ths solve our problem. Are there are marginal difference between 5.0.0 and 5.0.3 with regard to the machine authentication?
Guru Elite

Re: machine authentication WLAN clients

Please make sure you have the correct licenses on that new controller. Type "show keys" and type "show license verbose" on the commandline of that new controller.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

I think the licenses are not the problem. The APs are working.
I typed these commands in the commandline and the controller shows me that it has 128 AP and RAP license and also that it has an PEF license.
Guru Elite

All three controllers should be on the same image for consistency in deploying the configuration in general.

When you put in the new supervisor card, did you make it a local of the current master, or did you just copy a config to it? You should make it a local to the master, instead of copying the config.

If you make a controller a local to a master, by default the guest users will be authenticated on the local controller using the database on the master. If you just copied the config to that new controller, guests will be authenticated to the empty database on that new controller.

In short:

(1) Upgrade all three controllers to the same image version for consistency.
(2) Make that last controller a local to the master controller so that the configuration gets distributed correctly.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

We updated the master and it is working now.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: