ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

serial adapter RJ45 , special one?

it seems this provided serial adapter rj45 is some special one , all my others from several router/firewalls with serial ports just dont work with the aruba controller , in this case the mc200 .

any ideas whether this is really some classic adapter or some special circuited adapter.
Guru Elite

Standard Serial Adapter

it seems this provided serial adapter rj45 is some special one , all my others from several router/firewalls with serial ports just dont work with the aruba controller , in this case the mc200 .

any ideas whether this is really some classic adapter or some special circuited adapter.

It should be a classic adapter. In most cases, you can use the blue serial cable that comes with many Cisco switches and routers. Attached is a jpeg of the pinouts from the A800 install guide.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Aruba Employee

Re: serial adapter RJ45 , special one?

Yes, it is a standard adapter, in fact, I normally use a Cisco console cable because I have one that has the head-end molded to the cable itself (the light blue one).

One thing though, all Aruba console ports need to have flow control TURNED OFF. Make sure your terminal program (HyperTerm, Putty, whatever) has flow control turned off when connected to an Aruba device (controller or AP.).
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: